As one of the largest global insurers, our purpose is to empower people to live a better life. Our company has been ranked as the #1 Global Insurance Brand by Interbrand for 10 consecutive years. Here at our company we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push our company - one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers. Wefre eagerly making the change from being a gpayerh to being a gpartnerh to our customers. Our company is part of our group, and continues to pursue the journey of technical and cultural transformation with the history of more than 20 years in the Japan market to enter the next developmental phase.
As part of this exciting journey taking place, we are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative, and ambitious candidate to come onboard to liven up the evolution and transformation through Communications & PR. As part of the Communications member, your primary mission will be to provide assistance and support to the Communications Unit and its members, and Japan Unit Head to enhance our brand and accelerate our reputation. You will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with creative team members that are passionate to develop together, making improvements each day to transform and build stronger reputation of our Brand to achieve our common mission
- Daily news clipping and distribution
- Media and SNS monitoring and reporting
- Website update, contents check, and announcement messaging coordination
- Press release coordination and delivery
- Maintain records and tracking lists including media lists, media coverages, press releases, announcements, etc. and compiling files as needed.
- Coordinate surveys and inquiries received.
- Provide assistance and support to the team working with Internal and External Communications members with projects including but not limited to; staff events, Town Halls, CSR, digital signage and poster creations, meetings and interview logistics / coordination, business trip arrangements, vendor coordination, and other related assignments as needed.
- Provide support and coordination in company financial reports and annual report creations.
- Video and photo shoot / editing support.
- Merchandise purchasing, invoice processing, and budget control support
- Handling of phone calls and inquiries from divisions and press
- Research on a case by case basis
- Other administrative support and duties assigned as needed.
Qualifications (incl. Education)
Be able to handle and drive assignments independently and drive with ownership
- Strong interest and demonstrated knowledge in group assistant, operations, administration, event coordination, and data management, or relevant role.
- Basic understanding of Corporate Communications including digital literacy and social/communications tools
- Ability to manage tasks with minimum instructions and work independently with ownership by identifying and overseeing the needs to plan ahead.
- Able to multitask in a fast paced international environment balancing priorities and tight timelines, as well as controlling the desired budget.
- Understanding of basic business structure as well as compliance and policies in an organization.
- Ability to correspond and liaise with confidence and professionally with seniors and all
levels of internal/external stakeholders across functions
- Strong attention to details, efficiency, and accuracy.
- English fluency in writing, reading, and speaking and ability to liaise with global and non-Japanese counterparts.
- Strong capability and business usage in Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT
- Video/image editing application, CMS knowledge a plus.
- Mature personality and strong interpersonal skills.
- High professionalism and business manner.
- Integrity to handle confidential information and understanding policies
- Excellent communication and coordination skills, collaboration with all levels of stakeholders and Global teams.
- Team Player, self-starter
- Able to stay calm under pressure, uncertainty, and in critical situations.
- Globally minded, logical, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changes and ad hoc assignments, willingness to make improvements
- Well organized and strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude and willingness to challenge
- Japanese: Native
- English: Fluent
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in Communications or related assistant role
- Previous experience in an multi-national company preferred
- Financial Industry experiences a plus.